Thursday, November 26, 2015
Happy Thanksgiving
Today is Thanksgiving where we get to spend time with our families and pig out on turkey and pumpkin pie. It is an all around good time for most. I just wanted to say a few things about the true meaning of this holiday which some seem to forget.
I have chose the 4 and 9 of Cups to represent what I see in my travels and dealing with people. There are basically two approaches to the holiday which we call Thanksgiving. I do think it also describes the prevailing spirit of two types of people, the purely materialist and the spiritual. I have already spoke to people about what they are going to do for Thanksgiving and have got the two most common answers.
First, I represent the four of Cups type as the people that are not really thankful. They see it as the start of the Christmas race to get things they don't have. More and more stores are opening on Thanksgiving day to start their incessant sales so they will finish the year in the black. The guy on the four just does not look like he cares at all with what he has or even what is being offered to him. How many of us are like this? Instead of of being grateful for all that we have, we are focused more on what we want. This does, in my opinion, rob us of the good feelings that being thankful give us. How many people are like the four? I dare say millions. They are just waiting for the countdown till tomorrow. This day is when we tear at each other and trample one another to get the things we want after the day that we are supposed to be thankful for what we have. Crazy isn't it?
The 9 of Cups represents those that are truly thankful for what they have. He looks satisfied with what he has. It might be just nine cups but he looks happy with them. These are the people who are first and foremost grateful for time to spend with loved ones and just feelings of good will to one another. Thanksgiving is supposed to give us those feelings so that when we do enter the spirit of Christmas we are joyful in our giving. How many times have we seen the grumpies out there during the shopping season? Like it is some chore and burden. It is my theory that Thanksgiving and our approach to it set the stage of our giving and receiving of the Yuletide season.
After this look at these two cards in relation to the spirit of Thanksgiving I have to ask: Are we truly thankful? If so, I believe it sets the tone of cheerful Holiday season. Or are we just going through the motions knowing that we have about a month where we have to get all the shopping done, watch our bank accounts diminish, and fight and struggle against the maddening crowds? It is all about our attitude we have today that carries us through till Christmas. I hope everyone has a thankful Thanksgiving!
ORAT Blessings!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment